Of course I had to do a counter-post to my previous list of 153 reasons why you probably shouldn’t date me. As I went through I realized a few of the items on the other list were redundant. But any-who, here you have 146 reasons why you should absolutely, positively, most definitely, without a doubt date me! I’m trying to tell y’all. I’m kind of awesome!
1. I’m not perfect. As a result I won’t expect you to be either. I will understand if you mess up (within reason. No cheating allowed) and as long as you show remorse and that you really are working on it. I’m cool with that.
2. I don’t really like to argue. Definitely not screaming yelling matches. But even minor disagreements. I know they will happen. But if they can happen without yelling, screaming and tire slashing…I’m all for that.
3. I have pretty awesome hair. Sometimes I wear it straight and feel super fierce and you can run your fingers through it. Most of the time I wear it curly and it’s big and beautiful and you’ll want to touch it. I’ll let you because you’re my boo.
4. People have said I have pretty feet. I keep them done regularly so if you have a thing for feet that’s good.
5. While I don’t do foot rubs, I will gladly offer up a good back or shoulder rub.
6. We can totally go get pedicures together. I would find that to be a really great date.
7. I don’t expect you to pay for me to get my nails done. I very rarely have fake nails but when I do, I can pay for them. If you wanted to, I would struggle to let you unless you insisted.
8. I smell like coconut!!! Legit. My hair products, my lotion, my body wash..all coconut. I’m like a walking tropical island with a pina colada.
9. I have a great support system outside of you. While I’ll definitely talk to you about my problems or concerns I don’t expect you to fix them. If you aren’t readily available I won’t have a meltdown.
10. I will gush about you to my friends and family. I will struggle not to tell them every simple, sweet, wonderful thing you do. If you are amazing, they will know.
11. I’m really close to my parents. I love them and they are my favorite, but they do want me to have a life outside of them and the house. They are permanent babysitters with zero concern about it if we go out.
12. I make a decent living. Not rich but my bills get paid on time. If your bae, I don’t mind treating you to a nice night. Together we would probably have a decent life as long as you make more than minimum wage.
13. I have a daughter. She tells me I’m a pretty good mom. I’m sure I could do better. If we had children I would be a pretty good mom to those kids too. I love babies.
14. I’m not a Virgin! I mean if you’re lookin for a Virgin this isn’t going to work but if you don’t care about that kind of things we might have decent sex.
15. I probably won’t judge you on your number count. I mean if it’s like 1000 I will question your mental stability and it probably won’t work out. But if it’s a pretty normal number I won’t care. That’s actually not a question I ever care about asking.
16. I like to sleep.
17. We can take naps together and I will consider this quality time spent together.
18. If you like thighs. I’ve got thighs for days.
19. I’ll understand if you aren’t a big fan of the gym.
20. I don’t expect you to be a perfectionist.
21. If you propose, our wedding planning may or may not be already completed as long as you like my style. But if you proposed because you love me you’ll probably like my style.
22. Why would you not want a wedding with hints of Harry Potter?
23. I love Harry Potter. This honestly gives you an endless supply of gift ideas for any occasion.
24. I will leave you alone while you watch sports if that’s what you want. Or I’ll grab a book and read next to you while you watch. Or if you want to try explaining it to me I will listen. I’ll also make you wings.
25. I make a pretty good hot wing among many other food and desert related items.
26. I’m not stupid. You should like that unless you just like dating stupid women. Whatever floats your boat there.
27. I have my masters degree. You can brag about that to your coworkers.
28. I pick up on little details in conversations and daily living. I like to do little things to show you I care even if you haven’t flat out said you like or need something. I’ll see it. (Sometimes)
29. I will get you Valentine’s gifts. We can definitely show each other that we love each other all year round, but we can also do fun things on Valentine’s too!
30. While I’m not a fan of combined birthday and Christmas presents I’m used to them. I’ll playfully give you a hard time about it but I won’t be mad.
31. I like reading. I won’t force you to If you don’t like too but if you do that’s great. Books are awesome.
32. I blog! That means you get a first hand look into what’s going on in my head without even having to ask!
33. I will write about you in my blog! Especially if it works out or you make me really happy!
34. I won’t send random nudes to random people. If you can appreciate this you are my kind of person.
35. I’ve got lots of curves, good for cuddling, hugging and napping on. Pick a thigh, butt cheek or fluffy tummy space and rest your weary head.
36. Sometimes I get dressed up and fancy and turn a few heads.
37. I have good hygiene. I don’t like smelling bad. I don’t wear perfume and no one tells me I stink so I think I just naturally smell good.
38. I’m very passionate about my job and enjoy what I do. I’ll have lots of entertaining stories for
39. I’m a good listener.
40. I don’t really offer a lot of advice because I assume people are naturally smart and know how to live their life better than I do. But if I do offer advice it will be well thought out and hopefully helpful.
41. I’m not a fan of the silent treatment. So I probably won’t do that if we argue. Some time to step away and calm down, sure, but not ignoring calls or texts. Let’s talk this out and get to the making up!
42. I’m not a grammar nazi
43. You can pick on my grammar. I don’t care
44. You can help me with math so you can feel smarter than me there
45. I won’t judge you if your bed isn’t made. Just change the sheets regularly.
46. I make pretty babies. I also had a pretty easy pregnancy the first go around so if the next time goes the same it should be pretty stress free for you.
47. I shed a lot in the shower but not anywhere else. So you won’t find random hairs all over the place.
48. When slightly intoxicated I don’t care what I look like when I dance. So you may find that entertaining. I also have random dance parties in the kitchen when I’m cooking. You can join.
49. Sometimes I sing to annoy my daughter. It’s usually old Mariah Carey songs. Or other 90’s R&B
50. Once I’m comfortable around you, and I start singing and dancing you will have an endless supply of entertainment.
51. Once I feel safe and comfortable around you, you may wish I no longer was but it’ll still be fun. That’s the point right. To find someone you can be 100% yourself around.
52. I will not get shitfaced in public. You will not have to drag me out of anywhere drunk.
53. When my friends and I go out for margaritas and movies, you should definitely go do something with your friends. See ya later babe!
54. I love to travel. We can start a travel bucket list and do all the things.
55. I won’t make fun of you for having boogers. Boogers are natural. I’ll get you a tissue
56. I will take care of you when you have the man-flu. I’m a nurterer to my core.
57. I’m a great little spoon.
58. I don’t mind wearing ear plugs if you snore.
59. I like to joke and flirt. Not so much like full on shit talk though.
60. I’ll willingly let you drive everywhere!
61. Women are hot but we won’t have a threesome (not sure if you’ll find that to be a plus or not)
62. I am super open and accepting of most things and people. Do you boo just don’t hurt or kill anyone.
63. Not going to lie. I appreciate traditional gender roles at times.
64. I love black people!
65. My mom is white and she’s the most awesome white woman you will ever meet.
66. I won’t cuss at you. Like cuss you out. I don’t appreciate it happening to me so I don’t do it.
67. I will pray for you. I already am.
68. God is good all the time and all the time God is good. I try to remember this and live life accordingly and engage with people accordingly. But I’m not perfect.
69. I will go to church with you.
70. I approach people with the idea that all people are inherently good. I will believe you are good and trustworthy unless you prove me wrong.
71. The idea of being in a committed relationship with a man at the head of that relationship most days gives me hope. I may be feisty and fiery but I will submit and follow if I believe in the direction we are going. I will be the best rib you have ever found.
72. I believe in work and putting in work to make a relationship work.
73. I think a lot and try to see if there are areas I need to work on without someone else pointing it out.
74. I am not a vengeful person. I’m not usually interested in revenge.
75. I am not a picky eater. My foods I don’t eat list includes canned asparagus and liver if it’s not cooked right. So you can pretty much take me anywhere and I’ll be happy.
76. If you pay for the food, I will not waste it
77. If something is chasing us it will probably get me first because I can’t run.
78. You can make fun of my heavy breathing. I don’t care.
79. You can make fun of my hard blinking. I don’t care.
80. Growing up in the military instilled a love for travel and culture and diversity.
81. I am excited to have more kids one day within a loving and committed relationship/Home
82. My pettiness is usually not directed at people I love.
83. I have tried to learn something from each relationship I have been in no matter how short or long it was.
84. I will be honest with you
85. I won’t expect you to be near me 24/7
86. I will hold you to standards. I will encourage and support you in whatever goals you have set for yourself (unless it’s goals like sleep with a thousand women).
87. I will respect you
88. I will be faithful
89. I will consider your feelings in almost everything I do.
90. I will be kind to you
91. I’m not a hoe
92. I won’t have you out here looking stupid
93. I will try my best to keep my word.
94. I will go out with you!! And sometimes I will pay too!
95. I will tell you the truth
96. I will be mindful of your feelings and not say things to be intentionally cruel.
97. I will treat you like a man
98. I won’t hit you
99. While I’m quiet I think I can hold a decent conversation about more than the weather. I’m kind of funny sometimes too. Unless really mad I don’t yell. I won’t cuss you out.
100. I obey the law. There is very little chance you will ever have to bail me out of jail.
101. I drink responsibly.
102. I will try with everything in my being to understand you and not assume I know you.
103. I will mess up. But what’s life without a few good stories to tell.
104. You won’t have to stop me from fighting in public.
105. My taste in music is super varied. Chances are I like whatever you like. If not I can be easily convinced.
106. I won’t judge you for liking “bad” music.
107. You can teach me all the cool kid things. I won’t be good at it but it’ll give you a good laugh.
108. If your black, you can teach me all the cool black people stuff.
109. I won’t judge you if you like coffee.
110. I won’t send you hey stranger texts. Actually, if it doesn’t work out, you don’t have to worry about me contacting you. I will pretty much disappear and I will definitely leave you alone.
111. I think tattoos are cool.
112. I will listen to all your tattoo stories with extreme interest.
113. I will understand if sometimes you obsess over things. Even if I don’t understand the thing.
114. We can try new things together. Food, activities, outings. Whatever. New is fun. Or you can teach me new things. That’s fun too.
115. I understand that people change. Growth is good.
116. I will pay attention to you. I text back super fast. If I don’t I’m either working or asleep. But usually I text back super fast.
117. I’m usually not super busy so we can do things as long as I have some advance notice to plan.
118. Im easily pleased. I don’t need lots of fancy things.
119. We can do creative things together. Painting classes. Painting pottery. I’m crafty! Need something created, I’m your girl!
120. Sometimes I might surprise you.
121. If you choose to leave by way of cheating and finding someone else before you leave me. I probably won’t flip out. I will be sad and hurt. I won’t key your car or try to kill you. I won’t show up and fight the girl. I will willingly concede and walk away.
122. I’m not a nag (well not much).
123. My guy friends are awesome. You might like them.
124. I’m not the jealous type as long as things don’t feel suspicious and you are honest. Communication and openness goes a long way.
125. I will understand if past relationships have you wary about ours. We can work on that together.
126. There’s still a lot of me to learn and discover!
127. I won’t judge you if you like things that aren’t the norm or technically cool by other people’s standards.
128. I’m tall!
129. Self care is important to me so I will totally encourage you to have your own self care routines.
130. I have a theory about short men after years of research with tall men. So I’m not opposed at all.
131. Guys don’t talk to me in public for the most part because I’m apparently intimidating. So you don’t have to worry about that if I go out without you.
132. They really don’t talk to me if I have my resting bitch face on. So I can always just do that.
133. My period is super predictable. Give me peanut m&m’s the week before and I’ll love you forever.
134. I appreciate constructive feedback at times.
135. I like to joke
136. I appreciate sarcasm.
137. I will laugh at you and with you.
138. My social media posts are entertaining.
139. I don’t think I ask for too much.
140. I won’t nag you with questions.
141. I like watching tv. We can binge watch things together.
142. I give lots of chances
143. I will not judge your past life. Unless you were a serial killer or rapist.
144. We can go to the movies and I will be super happy!
145. I have had one guy open a car door for me in order for me to get out of the car. That’s awkward. Don’t do that. Unless you want. You can open doors though. I won’t judge you if you don’t. I appreciate chivalry and common male niceness
146. I have a passport. We can travel the world together!